Natural family planning & unfulfilled desire to have children
Natural family planning
If you want to have a child, various examinations and measures will help you prepare for pregnancy. We will gladly advise you about this and find out together with you which services are sensible for you.
- Vaginal sonography of the inner genital (uterus and ovaries)
- Verification of the infection and vaccination status
- Special lab examination (e.g. of the thyroid levels)
- Consulting on nutrition and vitamins (folic acid)
- Cycle monitoring or cycle calendar
Unfulfilled desire to have children
Some couples will be unable to have children initially. If you do not get pregnant within one year, we speak of an unfulfilled desire to have children. Due to the great diversity of possible causes for this, we will gladly support you in this often stressful situation. Special examinations will often give us information on the reason for why you are not getting pregnant, and enable us to inform you specifically about possible treatments. Our diagnosis includes:
- Cycle monitoring
- Determination of your hormonal status
- Echovist® (examination for blockages in the fallopian tubes by ultrasound and contrast agent)
- Diagnostic uterus endoscopy (out-patient surgery)
We also cooperate closely with centres specialising in the desire to have children.
Not all examinations will be covered by the statutory health insurances. Please contact us. We will gladly advise you.